REAL ESTATE BROKER
Initial License Requirements (October 1, 2021 and After)
- Application Form 549
- Fingerprint Cards: one (1) fingerprint card and a cashier's check or money order made payable to the "Department of Public Safety" OR a verification form issued by an approved Fingerprint Vendor (Form 619).
- Original state and national passing exam results dated within last 12 months.
- Credit report completed within 30 days of application.
- Fee: $160.00
- Must furnish proof of 2 years of active fulltime experience within the last 4 years (Form 509).
- Review the Broker checklist (Form 508).
of pre-licensing education by certified transcripts or certificates.
64 semester college credits required:
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Real Estate Principles or licensed experience.
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Real Estate Law or licensed experience. (must
include 18 hours Nevada law provided by a NV school).
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Real Estate Appraisal course or licensed experience.
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Broker Management course (Nevada specific
- 15 college credits in other real estate related courses such as business,
economics, management, accounting, finance, and marketing or licensed
- 15 hours or 1 college credit in contracts in real estate transactions to the extent allowed in the capacity of the licensee. (Licensed out-of-state applicants are not required to take this course.)
- 15 hours or 1 college credit in agency which must include 3 hours of foundation of relationship between broker and agents and 3 hours of risk reduction. (Licensed out-of-state applicants are not required to take this course.)
- General college level credits from any accredited college or university:
- Unlicensed first-time applicants: 35 credits
- Licensed out-of-state applicants: 37 credits
- Proof of Experience: You may submit
a combination of both experience and education transcripts to meet the full 64
semester credits. College credits must be obtained if experience is not
- For every 2 years of real estate licensed experience, Nevada will allow 16
college credits towards the education components with the exception of the 45 hour Broker Management and 18 hour Nevada real estate law courses.
in two year increments are granted the following credits:
years = 64 credits 4 years = 32 credits
years = 48 credits 2 years = 16 credits
- Must show proof that experience was full-time and your license is current. Submit
the following proof:
- Original certified history of licensure (history expires after 90 days.)
- Form 509 (for experience as a salesman or broker/salesman).
- Experience must be within the past ten years.
- Employing broker at the time must verify experience.
List of approved schools in Nevada (Form 502)
More detailed licensing information refer to Form 501
Exam Service (Testing)