1. A person who wishes to be registered as an asset management company in this State must file a written application with the Division upon a form prepared and furnished by the Division and pay the fee required pursuant to NRS 645H.560.
An application must:
(a) State the name, residence address and business address of the applicant and the location of each principal office and branch office at which the asset management company will conduct business within this State;
(b) State the name under which the applicant will conduct business as an asset management company;
(c) List the name, residence address and business address of each person who will, if the applicant is not a natural person, have an interest in the asset management company as a principal, partner, officer, director or trustee, specifying the capacity and title of each such person;
(d) Include a complete set of the fingerprints of the applicant or, if the applicant is not a natural person, a complete set of the fingerprints of each person who will have an interest in the asset management company as a principal, partner, officer, director or trustee, and written permission authorizing the Division to forward the fingerprints to the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for its report; and
(e) Include a statement signed by the applicant attesting that the applicant has read and understands the provisions of NRS 645H.520 and 645H.680 to 645H.770, inclusive.
2. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter the Division shall issue a certificate of registration to an applicant as an asset management company if:
(a) The application is verified by the Division and complies with the requirements of this chapter.
(b) The applicant and each general partner, officer or director of the applicant, if the applicant is a partnership, corporation or unincorporated association:
- (1) Submits satisfactory proof to the Division that he or she has a good reputation for honesty, trustworthiness and integrity and displays competence to transact the business of an asset management company in a manner which safeguards the interests of the general public.
- (2) Has not been convicted of, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to, a felony relating to the practice of asset management or any crime involving fraud, misrepresentation or moral turpitude.
- (3) Has not made a false statement of material fact on his or her application.
- (4) Has not had a professional license that was issued in this State or any other state, district or territory of the United States or any foreign country suspended or revoked within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of application.
- (5) Has not violated any provision of this chapter, a regulation adopted pursuant thereto or an order of the Administrator.
(c) The applicant certifies that he or she:
- (1) Has a process in place to verify that each employee or independent contractor that performs services as directed by the asset management company or an asset manager employed by or under contract with the asset management company is the holder of a license in good standing in this State to perform the services for which the asset management company will use the employee or independent contractor.
- (2) Has a process in place to review the work of each independent contractor that performs services as directed by the asset management company or an asset manager employed by or under contract with the asset management company to ensure that those services are conducted in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of this State.
- (3) Will maintain a detailed record of each request for service it receives and the independent contractor who fulfilled that request.
(d) The applicant submits proof that he or she possesses all business licenses and permits required to do business in this State.