REAL ESTATE BROKER-SALESPERSON
Initial License Requirements (October 1, 2021 and After)
- Application Form 549
- Fingerprint Cards: one (1) fingerprint card and a cashier's check or money order made payable to the "Department of Public Safety" OR a verification form issued by an approved Fingerprint Vendor (Form 619).
- Original state and national passing exam results dated within last 12 months.
- Fee: $160.00
- Education requirements:
- Proof of pre-licensing education by certified transcripts or certificates.
64 semester college credits required
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Real Estate Principles or licensed experience.
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Real Estate Law or licensed experience. (must include 18 hours Nevada law provided by a NV school).
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Real Estate Appraisal course or licensed experience.
- 45 hours or 3 college credits Broker Management course (Nevada specific course).
- 15 college credits in real estate, business, economics, or licensed experience.
- 15 hours or 1 college credit in contracts in real estate transaction to the extent allowed in the capacity of the licensee. (Licensed out-of-state applicants are not required to take this course.)
- 15 hours or 1 college credit in agency which must include 3 hours of foundation of relationship between broker and agents and 3 hours of risk reduction. (Licensed out-of-state applicants are not required to take this course.)
- General college level credits from any accredited college or university:
- Unlicensed first-time applicants: 35 credits
- Licensed out-of-state applicants: 37 credits
- Proof of Experience: You may submit a combination of both experience and education transcripts to meet the full 64 semester college credits. College credits must be obtained if experience is not verifiable.
- For every 2 years of real estate licensed experience, Nevada will allow 16 college credits towards the education components with the exception of the 45-hour Broker Management and 18-hour Nevada real estate law courses.
Experience in two-year increments are granted the following credits:
8 years = 64 credits 4 years = 32 credits
6 years = 48 credits 2 years = 16 credits
- Must show proof that experience was full-time, and your license is current. Submit the following proof:
- Original certified history of licensure (history expires after 90 days.)
- Form 509 (for experience as a salesman or broker/salesman).
- Experience must be within the past ten years.
- Employing broker at the time must verify experience.
List of approved schools in Nevada (Form 502)
More detailed licensing information refer to Form 501
Exam Service (Testing)